We’ve planned a journey traveling in the ship of the mind (and eye) from our solar system to our big-sister galaxy Andromeda. Come join us Friday night at Cline Observatory to see planets nearby, stars and star clusters only a few Light Years away, and the Andromeda Galaxy almost 3 million Light Years distant.
Our preliminary plans for Friday include:
Near to Far
- Uranus 19.1 AU (about 1.7 billion miles)
- Neptune 27.9 AU (about 2,5 billion miles)
- Altair, 16.8 LY away (about 1 million AU)
- 2nd brightest star within 20 LY
- Double star
- M57, Planetary Nebula, the Ring Nebula, 2,300 Light Years
- (almost 150 million AU)
- M11 Wild Dick Cluster, 6,000 Light Years
- (almost 400 million AU)
- M15, Globular Cluster, 34,000 Light Years; OUR FEATURED OBJECT
- M31, The Andromeda Galaxy, 2.9 million Light Years
We’ll start the show at 7 p.m. Come early and enjoy our journey to the stars.
Find out more about Cline Observatory at