LTA Trivia Quiz for Monday, April 30, 2018
TOPIC: The Sky Yesterday
On Monday, April 30, 2018, our Periscope Trivia Contest was about the sky yesterday (4/29/2018). Here are the questions, the correct answers and winners are listed at the end. Congrats to all who played.
- The astrological sign for April 29 is Taurus, the Bull. In what constellation was the Sun all day yesterday?
- Give a two-word phrase that describes the actual phase of the Moon most of yesterday?
- When the Moon was highest in the sky last night, what planet was about 7 ½ degrees away?
- Last night did the Sun set in the SouthWest, West, or NorthWest?
- Before the sun set yesterday, what planet set about an hour before?
- When the Sun set yesterday, what planet could we see about 26o to the East?
- Aries…..… @Dylon_gr8est_rapper: The Sun won’t move into Taurus until May 14.
- Waxing Gibbous…….. @TheAdmiral_: The Moon did not become Full until 0158 UT on Monday
- Jupiter……….. @speear40: This giant planet will be retrograde up to the May 9
- NorthWest……….. @speear40: During the spring and summer months the Sun travels high in our sky. If you’re n the Southern Hemisphere, the Sun set for you in the NorthWest, also.
- Uranus………….@BONEBREAKING310: This ice giant rises an hour before the Sun today (Monday, May 30.)
- Venus………….@tiki: This Earth-sized planet is phased at 89% illumination.
Winners: make a contribution in the next 30 days to one of my charities listed and I will match your gift, up to $100. Tell the charity to contact me about your contribution.
Leaderboard posted on May 06, 2018
|4/30 Winners||Number of correct answers|